Practice Management Events
CMS ICD-10 "Road to 10" Training and Website
1) The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is excited to offer FREE ICD-10 training. The presentation objectives for ICD-10: The Road Forward includes:
- Study the basics, differences, and benefits of ICD-10
- Explore common codes, primers for clinical documentation, clinical scenarios, and
- Create a customized Action Plan, personalized by specialty and practice details.
Date: May 6, 2015
Location: UCSF, Laurel Heights Campus Auditorium
Download the flier with full details here
2) The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) created the “Road to 10” website to help you jump start the transition to ICD-10. Built with the help of small practice physicians, “Road to 10” is a no-cost tool that will help you:
- Get an overview of ICD-10 by accessing the links on the left
- Explore Specialty References by selecting a specialty below
- Click the BUILD YOUR ACTION PLAN box to create your personal action plan
Lots of good help, cute & educational videos, and much more. Be sure to check it out today! www.roadto10.org
CMA/AAPC ICD-10 Seminars
General Code Set Training is designed specifically for coding staff and intended to give attendees a comprehensive understanding of guidelines and conventions of ICD-10 as well as fundamental knowledge of how to decipher, understand, and accurately apply codes in ICD-10. The training focuses on:
- Overview of the code set
ICD-10 format and structure
- Complete and in-depth ICD-10 guidelines
- Nuances found in the new coding system with coding tips
- Coding case studies and exercises
Download the details for General Code Training
ICD-10 Documentation Training for Providers is designed for physicians, mid-level practitioners, or any staff involved with clinical documentation. Courses are offered by medical specialty and are intended to teach ICD-10-CM documentation requirements at the physician level. These courses were developed by physicians, for physicians and call out the critical documentation practices that are required to maintain reimbursement once the ICD-10 transition occurs. In addition, the top clinical conditions for each specialty are specifically addressed with an emphasis on their associated documentation and coding requirements.
- Demonstrates how to document and code for ICD-10 (choose from 22 specialties)
- Taught by an ICD-10 Subject Matter Expert and from a provider’s perspective
- Teaches providers the structure, guidelines, and requirements for ICD-10-CM
- Reviews case examples and top 50 codes (per specialty)
- Provides a high level overview of documentation and concepts found in ICD-10-PCS
Download the details for the Providers Documentation Training
Remember to check out the CMA ICD-10 Transition Web Page oftern for updates.
The California Medical Association (CMA) offers our members free webinars to educate physicians & their staff on a range of topics from health information technologies to reimbursement issues.
This program is currently on hiatus to be revamped and improved. To view past webinars visit the "On Demand Webinars" section of the CMA Resource Library. You must be logged in to view a webinar.